VisitYunnanChina is the agency of Yunnan Provincial Department of Culture and Tourism responsible for attracting international visitors to Yunnan, China, both for leisure and business trip. Yunnan Provincial Department of Culture and Tourism is a statutory body of the Yunnan Government.
This Policy applies to all external parties who visit VisitYunnanChina websites, or subscribers to VisitYunnanChina newsletters, marketing materials, and any other individual whose personal information may be collected, stored and used by VisitYunnanChina or its partners. This Policy also applies to VisitYunnanChina's management of personal information across all its offices.
1. Collecting Personal Information
VisitYunnanChina collects personal information that new users provide when registering. VisitYunnanChina may also collect specific information on computer hardware and software, such as users' IP addresses, type of browsers, name of domain, time of access, and website addresses.
This information is used in order to manage VisitYunnanChina, increase the service quality, and to generate general statistics about VisitYunnanChina users.
You must recognise that it may be possible for others to collect your data if you open your personal information to the public on the VisitYunnanChina Zone or online forums. In such cases you are responsible for the exposure of your personal information.
2. Use of Personal Information
VisitYunnanChina does not expose users' personal information to the third parties or other companies. But VisitYunnanChina can release it if forced by legal procedures, or in case of urgent circumstances for protecting public safety.
1) Maintain customer records and respond to your enquiries.
2) To send you important notices or personalised messages;
3) To administer the operation of our Website to allow you to use the services and functions of our Website, to conduct Website maintenance, trouble shoot problems and to continually improve your Website experience and improve our products and services;
4) To provide services in connection with bookings or registration with our events and programmes;
5) To identify you for entry into lucky draws or any other promotional activities or events;
6) To facilitate lucky draws, promotional activities or events and notify you of the results of the lucky draws, promotional activities or events, announce winners and arrange for the subsequent presentation or redemption of prizes;
7) To tailor and personalise content and make recommendations (including by sending you push notifications) to suit your tastes, interests and preferences;
8) To send you marketing materials, news and information which we think will be of interest to you such as our latest promotional activities and upcoming events;
9) To assist with identification of visitors, and to determine appropriate services;
10) To monitor, evaluate and analyse trends, data, usage and activities in connection with our Website and services;
11) To keep internal records, decision-making and facilitate internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products and services, in addition, such internal records will be used to maintain opt-in and opt-out lists;
12) When you come to our Website, our server software records the domain name of your computer. We may also track the pages you visit. We do these things so that we can measure traffic, gauge the popularity of various parts of the Website, gain some general knowledge about our audience and compile aggregated statistics.
3. Security Policy for the Personal Information
The personal information of users is thoroughly protected by password. VisitYunnanChina uses the latest security technology to protect personal information from unpermitted use.
You can accept or reject Cookies by setting your web browser.
VisitYunnanChina periodically reviews this Policy and reserves the right at its discretion to modify or remove portions at any time. Any amendments will be notified by posting an updated version on its website.
If you do not agree with this Policy, do not access or use our services or interact with any other aspect of VisitYunnanChina.